Tuesday, August 15, 2006

whew


Well, here I sit at 3:29am in my room. I woke up an hour ago or so and I'm just relaxing while I can here before I go jog/walk/run a few miles and then go rehearse for a few hours.

I've been absolutely busting my behind for the last couple days and it's going to continue until Friday, when I get on the plane for New York.

On Wednesday, I'm doing a little photo shoot in the Central West End here in St. Louis, so I've been doing some pretty serious exercise. On Sunday, I jogged 3.6 miles, and yesterday morning, 5 miles. I've lost around 3 or 4 pounds! In two days! Is that bad? I'm actually feeling good, just tired.

So it's been a couple of long days so far, ranging from 17 to 20 hours each. It's a bit of a balancing act, because it's not like I can just sit at a piano for terribly long periods of time because I will overstrain my hands. Not physically exhaust them, but just put my fingers through too much percussive impact. The way I play is really eprcussive and impactful, so, I'm trying to be conservative about my playing time while also making sure I'm getting the pieces down.

We're shooting the video here: http://www.euphorianyc.com. Looks like an interesting place with a colorful history.

That's about it for now! I'm going to get ready to run, and then, eventually, go down to Webster to rehearse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home