Wednesday, September 01, 2004

blllllaaaarrrrnnnnn.

I was supposed to meet with the Chair of the department today, but I had to re-schedule because he's swamped.

with....

an actual swamp.

Well, that would be cool, but it's actually just work and deadlines that he's swamped with. I'm hoping I'm not in some kind of trouble or something, because, like I alluded in my last post (somewhere in there), the last time he summoned me in this way, it was to yell at me about things he thought I was doing or not doing.

He told me "It's all I ever hear about! 'What's Kenny doing, what's Kenny doing...' It's like the question of life!"

You see, I use the Webster University campus as a kind of second home, mainly for artistic purposes, and I only take a class here or there (this is all because it's just too expensive for me to be there full-time). But I'm not exactly transparent around there, either. Whenever I have a concert or something going on, the campus is dipped in a really large container of my posters.

Literally. YES. LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

And stuff like that. So, that is partially what seems to bother some people: I'm a rather known and visible 'figure' around there, or whatever, but I'm not doing very much of what everybody else is doing...

...and on and on. It doesn't stop there, of course, with people. It never does.

That still doesn't explain why people were harassing him about me. Am I that noticeable or something? Seriously. I really don't know. I told him on no uncertain terms that it blows my mind that he got as much inquiry about me as he apparently did.

But, anyway, I didn't really sleep last night (my internal clock gets out of whack fairly often...I do most of my work at night), and I could've been sound asleep early this morning, but I figured if I caught him first thing in the morning, it could've been dealt with. But, alas, no meeting now until tomorrow and, no actual sleep for me. I'm going to a baseball game tonight: the historically-good Cardinals. (seriously. Their record since June 1st is like No.2 all-time.)

They should have a team called the Humans.


5 Comments:

Blogger lee said...

Man you suck big time...I say this only out of my jealousy of your location last nite and out of my deep endearment to the redbirds. I think we saw you at the game on the dish right after Prince Albert's big fly. How frawsome! (not a misspelling, an actual language I'm developing called frig fratin) Anyways, hope all is well...

peace

the humans would frock...

12:28 PM  
Blogger KENNY said...

You really saw me on the dish???

3:46 PM  
Blogger lee said...

It had to be you, how many string-breakin' pianist could there be in the 'Lou?

7:43 PM  
Blogger KENNY said...

Great to be a Cardinals fan, isn't it? How did you get to be one?

You didn't really see me on TV.

8:56 PM  
Blogger lee said...

My love of the cards started in '87 in cincy with the career of eric davis...? I followed e.d. everywhere and was a fan of all his teams (except for his last year in san fran). When he retired, I reverted to the last team that he played for and could find myself rooting for with a straight face (see my earlier comment 'bout san fran). It just so happened that mac was there at the same time and was continuing to hit bombs...they called up j.d. and i was hooked...I'm now stuck with 2 authentic (1 road/1 away) drew jerseys, but I still love the birds...

the humans frule!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home