Tuesday, September 21, 2004

people are supposed to SLEEP at night!!!!!!!!

Here I am. 3:19 am. Not much sleep to speak of this last day and a half or so. I'm at the Webster campus having worked on some new pieces, and I SHOULD be going home, but, instead, I'm in the cybercafe listening to something I heard on the NPR show This American Life last Spring that, actually, I'd highly recommend...

If you go to http://www.thislife.org and click on All Episodes/RealAudio in order of broadcast. Then, click on 2004 and click on 'Reruns'.

Click on the Realaudio link and scroll down to about 5 min 30 seconds to be narrated through a movie, supplemented by audio from the movie, which is, TRULY, one of the very most suprisingly structured and realized movies ever. I'm telling you.

It's hard to see the actual movie because the director doesn't want to distribute it, but, luckily, the Webster Film Series had it this weekend. It's crazy. Really: if you want to hear something really cool, go listen.

Anyway, I'm thinking about making a short CD every month or so and sending them out to Leonard Slatkin, like he asked. I figure the main thing is that it's a great motivator to stay focused on new material, and, secondarily, it's good to send him the music.

But I gotta get more sleep...and, I will.

So, if you get a minute...go listen to that thing I mentioned before.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home