Saturday, December 11, 2004

Atrocious. Sad.

So the band Damageplan, with former heavy metal band Pantera members Dimebag Darrell (a guitarist who's thought of by many as one of the most original and influential in rock since Eddie Van Halen) and his brother Vinnie Paul, takes the stage a couple days ago in Ohio and a guy gets onstage, grabs Dimebag and shoots him in the head several times.

I'm sorry if this post is overly brash. I'm angry. I'm not even particularly familiar with any of the music. I do know that Dimebag has been revered and imitated for some years now.

Maybe I'll feel more like waxing poetic, or something just as trite, later.

I will say, though, that maybe a handful of true music snobs will have cause to look at the work of this man, a musical hero to many, and see the genius in spite of themselves.

This is rather old news, but I only heard about it tonight

http://www.mtv.com/news/topics/d/dimebag_darrell/

Grr.

ADDED 12/12:

He was killed on 12/8, the same date as John Lennon, who was only 2 years older.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home