Tuesday, September 20, 2005

raves

Here are two things I'm excited about.

"Fine Line", from Paul McCartney's new album "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard". I LOVE THIS SONG. It has the first heavily-used augmented chord in a pop song that I can think of [which was a mistake in the studio that producer Nigel Godrich wanted in the song], but that's certainly not why. I don't necessarily tend to get excited about technical stuff like that. It's structured very appealingly. The pre-chorus has something to do with a guy that was hauled off by a police officer after some kind of party foul incident. He is missed by his buddies and they want him back. At least, that's one interpretation. OK, that doesn't make any sense but, well, there's some sage advice in it, all things which contribute to how much I like this song. Watch the video and Paul's description of the song at http://www.paulmccartney.us/

Oatmeal

Yes, I know: SAD, Kenny. SAD.

AS WELL AS PATHETIC.

AND SAD.

But let me explain anyway. I've been eating oatmeal for a long time, and I've been forced to cope with a method that's time-consuming and not automatically adequate. Forever, I've boiled the water and added the water separately.

SEPARATELY.

To get the right, oatmealy texture, I have to add the water in increments over a very long period of time.

What a fool I was.

Turns out a much better way to do it is add the water to the oatmeal and boil the ingredients together.

TOGETHER.

It is not only much faster, it's more effective.

MORE.

EFFECTIVE.

OK, so this one still looks silly, but it's true. Unfortunately.

Help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home