Sunday, February 27, 2005

Films and music

Hey brother! There have been some huge synchronistic developments since we last talked about your documentary. Yes, in the same night! And it will make for a professional grade documentary. CALL ME! -T

Last February, my friend Todd Schaefer came up with the idea of making a documentary about me and the music. Well, a few nights ago, we started talking about it again. That same night, Todd met someone through a friend. This person is a filmmaker who works at a post-production house and has some very high-end editing equipment that she's been wanting to use for a while. She's looking for projects.

This is good news for a few reasons, assuming it works out. First of all, Todd and I don't own some of the things we need, like this equipment that she has. Second of all, between the two of us, there's one film class that Todd took. She certainly knows more about the nuts and bolts of filmmaking. Third of all, we also aren't able to have much production value on our own. It seems as though she can help us with that as well.

Todd also has a friend at KPLR TV who has expressed interest in the project as well.

So, things seem to be coming together all of the sudden for the inception of this thing. It's kind of funny, but exciting at the same time.

I have a few ideas about this. I'm thinking that this can be feature-length. The good thing about a documentary is that you just basically start shooting and keep going until you feel there's a movie in there somewhere. I'd like to get my hands on a camera and just start shooting a lot of things by myself. But, this would only be one source of footage. Some more formalized kinds of footage would be shot more...formally. Interviews, for example, or concert appearances, or whatever.

Also, the new music for the concert is starting to come together. "It Begins Again" has been finished for a while, but a lot of other pieces just weren't getting finished. They seem to be getting there now. I've nearly finished a kind of haunting piece called "House of Doubt". Maybe tonight I'll finish another more upbeat piece. Then, there's a couple more which are close as well. The target is 6 or 7 new pieces along with 6 or 7 old pieces [which actually aren't that old].

Last night, I met Todd's roommate, Jen Freund [pronounced 'friend']. She's a grade school science teacher. Last night, we all went to her school and played in the gym! It was a lot of fun. I mean, believe it or not, going to a closed school in the middle of the night and running around a gymnasium [with Todd's puppy, I might add] with no one around but some good friends is my kind of fun.

At one point, Todd's puppy picked up a hockey goalie's mask in his mouth and just started walking around with it. It seeme to be his silent statement- nay, requiem- for the NHL. [cue violins...NOW.]

I didn't plan on watching the Oscars tonight, but I ended up seeing parts of it. I'm not that interested in pop culture these days, but every now and then I'm suprised by something. There were some inspiring moments in the broadcast tonight...at least for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home