Monday, February 07, 2005

ad man

So, I've got some pretty interesting work cut out for me for the next few weeks.

First, I need to draw up a bit of an ad campaign for the April concert. I'm thinking of a series possibly this time. It'll be hard to top the Mars poster thing from last year, but, I might go in another direction altogether. I have a lot of ideas, it's just that I don't think I'll be using them, so, I'll be coming up with MORE ideas.

We've already drawn up a draft of something that could work really well promotionally. Actually, Todd and I did that way back in September.

In terms of a sheer 'reaction' factor, you can't really outdo some of the reactions this has gotten. Let's just say there's a real 'recognition' factor with this thing (some of you have seen it), but that, while it's USE is original, the design isn't.

The question THEN becomes: does it have to be an original design if the real function of promotion is to create a buzz and get the word out?

The answer is no. BUT, the feeling I'm getting from some people is that it may be a better idea, for myself almost as a brand, to come up with something on the level of the Mars poster in terms of originality.

So, that's a more difficult task, and that's what I'm working on.

Whew! It's pretty exhausting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home